0800 246 1797

Cavity Walls Insulation Grant

Home Grants Cavity Walls Insulation

Do you need support !

Phone: 0800 246 1797

Office London: Chelmsford road, Essex, England


Apply Online

Current Heating Source:

Unsure Gas Boiler
Electric/ Storage Heaters

Are you currently claiming benefits?

Unsure Yes No
I am happy for getafreeboiler to contact me to discuss my grant application.

Cavity Walls Insulation Grant

A Free Cavity Walls Insulation grant will cover the entire cost of Cavity Wall Insulation professionally installed. If you receive a qualifying benefit. Or privately rented and occupied at the time of the survey. ECO, or the Energy Companies Obligation, was originally a component of the Government’s Green Deal Energy Efficiency program. This grant funding is part of the Energy Companies Obligation (ECO) scheme. Grants are provided by the main energy suppliers.

Cavity walls insulation is one of the best ways that you can reduce your heating bills at a time. When energy costs are on the rise. A property with un-insulated cavity walls can lose up to 35% of its heat due to heat escaping through them. Households save between £145 and £200 annually by insulating their cavity walls.

What Is Cavity Walls Insulation?

Many brick-built properties constructed between 1924 and 1982 are likely to have a cavity. Either between bricks or between bricks and blocks, that has not been fill with insulation at the time of construction. After 1982, the building regulations changed. And it became a requirement for cavity insulation to be install at the time of building. We could help with a grant in most areas.

Cavity Walls Insulation

These materials can reduce the amount of heat escaping from the walls by up to 35%. Insulating your cavity walls can save you up to £145 in energy bills over a year. And reduce carbon emissions by up to 610kg a year.

Is My Property Suitable for Cavity Wall Insulation?

Recent research by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) revealed. That only 58% of all properties capable of benefiting from Cavity Wall Insulation had it installed. Your property is one of the remaining 42% that needs to insulated.

The first thing to check before applying for a Grant is whether or not your home has cavity walls. Most brick properties built in the 20th century are likely to have a cavity in them. Generally, if your property built before 1924. Then it is likely that it had solid walls, such as those described below:

Cavity Walls Insulation

You can also tell if your property has a cavity by the walls’ thickness. Which should be at least 250mm (10 inches) thick. Generally, properties built after 1982 already have Cavity Wall Insulation. Because building regulations changed to ensure that it installed as part of the construction process. A Grant could not apply. If your property already has been Cavity Wall Insulation because it cannot be topped up.

Gov UK


To learn more please about this scheme please visit the GOV.UK website. You can read more about what the energy company's obligations provides for Free boiler funding.